Monday, November 8, 2010

Shopping .... For your soul

I've lived my last 10 years following the idea of being perfect... I always thought of myself as perfect, and if I was on some moments or occasions not perfect,,, in my mind {that's only because it's a part of the process, so it's ok because I'm on the holy quest of being perfect} .

I wanted to be pretty, educated, sexy, stylish, deeply sophisticated, a good wife , a lovable mom , an amazing daughter, the best friend you can ever have , very updated with with all the books and technology in this earth, I want to have money but I want to get through with my higher education. I want to learn languages, to write, to be a politician.... I wanted to cook for my husband whatever he likes to eat out in a fancy restaurant, I wanted to have above all that a clean nice home.... And I wanted to be all the above and more.

Guess what??? I couldn't , it was exhausting! It drove me crazy, And I'm pretty sure, that what I've just mentioned was what 75% of women wanted as well... That's why we loose ourselves ( women) chasing the uncatchable.

So after I became a mother, it feels like I matured, at once, and I quit being perfect, because trying to be perfect, dealing with a baby along with all other stuff in my life, made me realize it doesn't worth it!! I know it's shocking to say it doesn't worth it but, what I did was, that I shopped for my soul,mind ,and body.
I chose to be me instead of being perfect, because once you put your feet in that area of having babies along with 2nd or 3rd pregnancy you will ask a lot of questions about how really you want to live this life as a part of a family, and you will need to compromise and get over it. Maybe before that you will be ready to achieve your dream and your parents dream and maybe a friend's dream or any other dream that will pop up in a movie or in a song, but, after being a mom it will be one perfected image about how you want to deal with your reality and your real dream.

Don't get me wrong , maybe in the second post and this you will be saying... does she want us to give up and stop dreaming and so on so on.....?
Not at all, I still have big dreams of my own, and I'll be working on that , but I know , I'm sure that when you will start looking at everything around you differently... You will find your genuine self and once you find it , you will be more confident and happier than ever. You will be really doing what you always wanted to do but you didn't know, because you were very busy collecting whatever your eyes caught,
maybe its the 20s , who knows.. But I know for sure that being a mom was an ending to my puzzled mind, that put it into a better healthier shape, that organized my priorities and made me realize that I need to use every hour in my life the right way.

I'm basically decluttering... Did you ever hear about decluttering your stuff?

Ok it goes like this, if you have a bunch of clothes or books or kitchen ware , or anything else that's just sitting there without any use .. It will harm you, because it will make you feel like you have a lot of stuff , so you will not go out and choose new clothes or books or whatever stuff you want, because you think you have too much of it , that you are not even using... So you prison yourself in your old unused things , and prevent yourself from exploring whatever there is outside for you.... What I did was, that I get rid of most of my old thoughts and unachievable
or unreal, unwanted dreams .... Cleared my mind and let it look around, then shop whatever it wanted, I explored a whole new world, I let the energy flow into my head and body and I let it change the broken parts in my soul and body.....
An ancient chinese philosophy suggesting similar way of thinking, except it has many more details into it. Its called (feng shui) , ok,long story short, it tells you, in order to bring new things (energy)into ur life you need to give or loose the old rusty parts and let the energy seek you, it's not going to flow if your life is full, there will be no space. And I did that for my body and soul and mind not only for my closet or home ..... Try it, it goes very well with you moms, moms to be, or you.

All the luck .

4 comments:

  1. Being perfect = being you... Even if you tried to be perfect the dictionary way. It could mean imperfect for others. But if you achieve what you want only and what you need (only) , then you will become better and better. As this will increase the satisfaction level, which will lead to more positive attitude, which will get you more achievements. Even if those achievements are; a meal that you cooked, or a nice dress you bought, or lesson you leared or a degree you get. Everything matters.

    I totally agree with you!

    Keep spreading good thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manar, I let go of a dream once. Rather than feel like a failure - which I did for at least 8 years - I just decided that my dream didn't fit me anymore. My life had become different than I thought. When you dream of your future you don't see everything that will be, so how can you know exactly what you should be doing.
    In my case, I was much happier after I came to terms with my life as it really was. I was even happier after I realized that I could do what I wanted even if the people around me objected.
    Good luck detaching the old ideas and promises you made yourself that just don't work for you anymore. Even though you may have hurt your own feelings, forgive yourself so you can make a new adventure with your life.
    Love you - Your CA friend, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you Kate when I was writing this,you were the first one ever to dare telling me that I don't need my masters degree if I don't want it, thanx for all the good talks :)

    U r right , good luck!

    ReplyDelete