Thursday, May 19, 2011

Judging people, people judgments, and raising your kids!

How are you dealing with people's judgments these days? How often do you judge moms? And their kids?
All the time? Or never? Honest?? Ok this maybe an opener for you...

Being yourself is hard only when you are trying to be someone else, the reason for this most of times is listening to what people would say about your life, and sometimes it's really hard to ignore, it's another complicated ingredient of being a human, we like judging because it gives a better feeling about yourself, instead of facing any bad choices you have made, it's common that you feel good about yourself when you make others look bad, it's a fact.. But it's destructive.

If you are the judging type, you will care big deal about others comments on your life, you will spend days and nights trying to figure out where did that come from? I'm I really this? Am I really that? It's like karma or sending negative energy and receiving it back,because you know how the game is played, and your life will turn into a mess.

So stop judging and start loving. After becoming a mom it will be intense, or maybe the effect of judgments become more powerful, because you are dealing with new stuff that you barely know anything about, not mentioning the hormones!!! So at the beginning, if you are not that sure about yourself or what you do, it may get ugly and you may get lost.

Nothing can help me better on writing this post other than going personal. I'll let you know something about me, it maybe help you know something about you.

I used to be the judgER, although I never pay attention to anyone's opinion on this earth, but I used to ask too many questions, like, why would mary dress like this? Why would Sara yell in a crowd, why would tyra marry this guy?
Knowing that I would be a very very good example for regular judging, but I guess I always saw myself better than others?! Maybe?! Or that I can do what others can't?
That's why I lived in a box for many years, seeing life from my point of view, close minded, I judged too much, I couldn't see the real reasons behind any act that I'm not familiar with. So I didn't understand many things till later.

I'm just like everyone else and maybe less, less important, less fashionable, less brainy, less whatever you want to less.
So I stopped, I figured out that judging can take you into dark places, like you can easily be distracted from your life, and blinded from knowing the truth about yourself, plus you can be controlled easily by somebody if that somebody decided to.

After becoming a mom you will be dealing with many stuff, with new problems, that when you will start acting like OTHERS, and then, only then you will understand.
Now,
if I see a couple fighting on the street or the mall I don't look, I don't judge, I really do understand that the time of this fight has come and it must happen now.
If I see a mother hitting her child in public , I don't judge, I do understand.
If I see lack of money in a family that have two working parents, I don't judge , I understand.
If I see overgrown eye browse , or an oily hair on a mom I totally understand.
If I see a fat mom, girl, I understand .

And that open my eyes on bigger things in life,
I don't want my kids to be judged when they grow up, I never want them to deal with that kind of feeling, I don't want them to struggle with this worthless issue, I want them to be who they really want to be, without having to question every decision they will be taking in their lives, and I don't want them to judge people, and ask too many questions about others lives in the time they can use to improve themselves or maybe the life of someone else.
And I want to be able to decide what my kids can or can't do not according to someone else's opinion, I want myself and my kids to be free. That starts from stoping judging people and never listen to a judgment yourself .

And I want you always to remember that the most effective judgments will come out from the closest persons to you and your children, like parents of yours, in laws and friends, and there where you have to put your foot down and never think twice, but please don't be rude!

I also want to tell you , listen to an advise, don't be so proud, it will be helpful and don't mistake it to a judgment!

I shared, now you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment